U.S. Central Command said that the transfer that began on Jan. 21 saw U.S. forces transporting more than 5,700 adult male IS suspects from detention facilities in Syria to Iraqi custody.
Analysts are divided over whether a complete withdrawal of U.S. troops from both Syria and Iraq will ultimately transpire this year but warn of the consequences of one.
Add Yahoo as a preferred source to see more of our stories on Google. Soldiers disembark from a CH-47 Chinook helicopter at Al Asad Air Base, Iraq in July 2023. A “small force” of American troops will ...
Pentagon says "more than 5,700 adult male ISIS fighters" have been moved to Iraq, completing the operation as questions ...
Most U.S. troops in Iraq are being relocated to Erbil. The U.S. military is shifting some forces in Iraq away from Baghdad and western regions as part of a drawdown from about 2,500 to fewer than ...
The withdrawal of U.S. troops from Iraq’s Ain Al-Asad airbase in Anbar and Victoria base in Baghdad ahead of the September 2025 deadline means the first phase of a previously agreed-upon two-phase ...
Syria has sent 3,000 troops to the border with Iraq to deter infiltration by pro-Iran Iraqi militias, two security officials in Damascus have told The National. The deployment is the first in the area ...
Thereafter Iraq began the invasion of Kuwait, which led to the Gulf War of 1991, which led in turn to confrontations over the Iraqi no-fly zones during the 1990s, and finally the Iraq War of 2003, ...
Iraqi troops faced stiff resistance Saturday from Islamic State militants as they pushed deeper into eastern Mosul, backed by aerial support from the U.S.-led international coalition, a senior ...
Some results have been hidden because they may be inaccessible to you
Show inaccessible results